Statement of Faith
At Valley Lutheran School, the Bible is the cornerstone from which springboards all that we believe. Our school is grounded in the Lutheran faith, but the school is open to children of all Christian faith traditions. Our student body represents 34 churches throughout the Cedar Valley and was founded and is supported by seven area LCMS and AALC Lutheran churches.
What We Believe
- We believe that Jesus Christ is our personal Lord and Savior.
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired and inerrant Word of God.
- We believe we are saved by grace (it’s God’s free gift) through faith alone (and not by our works).
- We believe that Jesus, being truly God and truly human, lived to fulfill God’s Law for us. He died on the cross to pay the penalty our sins deserve, and He rose from the dead. All those who believe in Jesus as Savior will be given eternal life.
- We believe that there is one God who is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the three universal creeds of the Christian faith.
- We believe that baptism and holy communion are sacred rites that God uses to offer us His grace.